Benefits of DNS Membership
Enhance your knowledge and skills wtih these professional development opportunities
- Learn valuable skills such as feeding tube placement, nutrition-focused physical examination, and implementing the Nutrition Care Process at DNS-sponsored skills workshops.
- Improve your professional practice by attending a DNS-sponsored symposium that teaches the practical application of evidence-based nutrition support.
- Promote yourself and share your knowledge with others by joining the DNS Speakers' Bureau, which is a networking tool used by conference planners and industry sponsors to identify potential speakers on a variety of topics.
Obtain funds for continuing education and research
- Apply for one of four DNS Profesional Development Scholarships awarded each Spring (deadline May 15) and Fall (deadline November 15) in the amount of $1250 and $1000. This is an easy way for members to obtain funds for a continuing education conference, workshop, or post-graduate course.
- If you supervise undergraduate or graduate students in the field of dietetics/nutrition or dietetic interns, you can promote their education by nominating one for the DNS Student Scholarship, which awards $500 plus complementary registration to FNCE (deadline May 15).
- A DNS Research Grant for $10,000 is also available annually to promote a member's research study (application deadline May 15).
Learn cutting edge nutrition information and earn 18 free continuing education credits each year.
- Support Line is a bi-monthly, peer-reveiwed publication that features practical reviews of current topics in nutrition support. Three CPE credits are offered with each issue.
- Keep abrease of the latest developments in nutrition support research, pediatrics, and home care, which are available on the DNS website.
Be mentored by the best - with our writers mentoring and mentorship programs
- Team with an experienced author who can mentor you as you prepare an article for publication by joining the DNS Writers' Mentoring Program.
- Collaborate with an expert who can mentor you and foster your clinical, leadership or management skills by participating in the DNS Mentorship Program starting October 2008.
- Get the answers you need by posting your questions on the DNS forum and listserv.
Be recognized for excellence in clinical practice and leadership
- DNS awards one Distinguished Service Award and one Distinguished Practice Award each year to members who exemplify leadership and clinical practice knowledge and skills (deadline May 15).
Volunteer to help with DNS projects or to be part of our Coordinating Cabinet
- Become more involved by volunteering to be part of DNS-sponsored projects or assuming a leadership role in the organization. It is a great way to network and enhance your professional skills.
For more information, contact the DNS membership chair